During this unprecedented time our number one priority is keeping our customers and our colleagues safe. To do this we are following government guidelines and have adapted our business to reflect the current recommendations.
We are working hard to deliver all your items and respond to your queries as quickly as possible. We are currently experiencing very high demand into our contact centre. Please rest assured we will respond to your emails as quickly as we can.
For more information on deliveries, getting in contact with us and stock levels please see the information below.
Customer Service and Contacting Us
In order to protect our customer care team we have fewer advisors than normal right now. This means that it may take us a little longer than usual to answer your calls and we will respond to your e-mails as quickly as possible. With reduced resources our opening hours are currently 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Please contact us using the below, alternatively please contact your account manager where possible
Email: [email protected]
Consortium Education: 01225 757 083
We are currently operational and open to take your orders and are doing all we can to ensure your purchases are delivered as quickly as possible. You can continue to place your orders via our website, speak to our contact centre advisors over the phone or by getting in touch via e-mail.
Deliveries and Order Fulfilment
We are continuing to deliver all orders, however it may take us a little longer than usual due to the additional safety measures we have implemented in our distribution centres and carrier network. We are reviewing our service offering on a regular basis and will keep you updated of any changes.
- In Stock Items: orders will be despatched as per our current delivery schedule. We will update on a regular basis to reflect any changes in our situation.
- Direct Delivery: as our Direct Supply partners begin to manufacture and despatch our customer service team will contact you to arrange delivery.
- Social Distancing Policy: currently all our carriers are providing contactless deliveries and will leave an advice note to arrange an alternative date if you are unavailable at that time.
- Order Acknowledgement: customers will receive an order acknowledgement for each order processed advising of stock availability at point of order. Where expected despatch dates change, our customer service team will be in contact you.
- Placing An Order When Your School Is Open: At point of placing your order please check that the expected delivery address is correct and that you are open to take delivery
- Our Carriers: Our carriers are unable to deliver at specific times of the day. They do not carry mobile phones and are therefore unable to call ahead of delivery.
Stock and Availability
We have good availability on many of your favourite educational essentials. Due to the high demand on certain product ranges, some items may be currently out of stock. We are doing our upmost to replenish these products as quickly as possible.
As our suppliers adjust to the current situation, our stock replenishment can sometimes take longer than usual. Some of our suppliers are closed, or working with reduced capacity, due to current circumstances, which have resulted in delays of deliveries into our distribution centre. The areas currently affected are PPE, Cleaning, Art & Craft and Stationery.
Direct Delivery: We are also experiencing some delays for items that are delivered directly to you from our suppliers.
On receipt of goods, you have 14 days to report a faulty, damaged or unsuitable item(s).
You can do this by e-mail ([email protected]) or by contacting our Customer Service team on 0125 757 083.
We will arrange a convenient date with you for the item(s) to be collected and returned. Once the item(s) have been returned back to us and inspected; we will either issue you with a replacement items(s) or credit your invoice account or refund the card that was originally used to place and which paid for the order.
On 31st January 2020 at 11pm, the UK exited the EU under the terms of the EU-UK withdrawal agreement. We are now in the implementation period, which means for all intents and purposes the UK operates as a non-voting member of the EU until the implementation period concludes.
RM would like to reassure our customers and suppliers that we have been preparing for this eventuality and we will continue to operate business as usual throughout the transition period. You will continue to receive the same professionalism, care and service level that you have come to expect from us through this period and beyond.
If you do have any concerns or questions regarding how this impacts your service from RM please do raise them with your usual RM customer contact point and we will address them as rapidly as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.